Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Hadiths about the Prohibition of Entering the Mosque smelling of Garlic and Prohibition against covering the mouth in Prayer.

The first part of this post - people going to the mosque with disgusting smells - is something I've experienced myself. I went to the mosque to pray in congregation, and a guy came in and stood beside me. And throughout the prayer, I couldn't focus because he was STINKING! He had the smell of fish on him, and it distracted me! I couldn't focus!

I think it's wrong for people to go to mosques - even if they're not going to pray in congregation - stinking! It's very unfair to the other people who are there to pray! Even if you have to work with things that stink, e.g., fish, garlic and whatever, I think people in those situations should have a change of clothes before going to the mosque! Anyways, here is the hadith I found on this topic:

1. "Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Sa'id Ibn al-Musayyab hat the messenger of Allah, May Allah bless him and grant him peace, said "Anyone who eats this plant should not come near our mosques. The smell of the garlic will offend us."" - Al-Muwatta (Imam Malik).

With this single point of mine, I hope I have convinced all those who go to mosques smelling that they should rid themselves of the smell before they enter the mosque! Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment